Police Federal Credit Union of Omaha is delighted to provide the CARE PROGRAM to all members. The CARE PROGRAM is a fully managed recovery program for identity theft recovery. Identity Theft is consistently among the top complaints to the Federal Trade Commission each year. Rampant data breaches, impacting millions of records, are putting consumers at great risk of identity theft. It can happen to anyone – regardless of your age and income, where you live, or how careful you are.
Restoring your identity on your own can be time-consuming and stressful. After a while, some people give up, leaving them to contend with the aftermath of identity theft for years to come, including fraudulent bills, collections activity, damaged credit, and even criminal records.
Police Federal Credit Union of Omaha has partnered with NXG Strategies – a leader in identity theft remediation and breach response – to provide you with access to valuable services to address fraud caused by identity theft if it happens to you or your eligible family member, whether it is related to your account with us or not. These services include Fully Managed Identity Theft Recovery. If you become a victim or suspect you might be a victim of identity theft for any reason, we are here to help. Professional, dedicated Recovery Advocates are standing by and depending on your identity fraud incident, will be prepared to:
- Perform research to determine the extent of the problem, including a review of your credit report
- Provide instruction for the placement of fraud alerts and credit freezes with the three major credit bureaus
- Write letters and make calls on your behalf to dispute fraudulent information
- Coordinate with government agencies, financial institutions, creditors, and others to resolve incidents
- Create and then maintain a case file to assist law enforcement in the prosecution of the perpetrators
- Request the removal of fraudulent records to assist in recovering your identity to pre-theft status
This service covers all types of identity theft, even if it is not related to your account with us. This service is available to all persons named on your account and extends to three generations of your family members. Family members include you, your spouse or domestic partner, your dependents with the same permanent address, any IRS-qualified dependents, and your parents (mother or father) with the same permanent address, or who are registered in a senior assisted living facility, nursing home, or hospice. Services continue up to 12 months after death for all family members.
Think you are a victim? Let us help! Please contact the credit union for assistance and we will help get you to a Recovery Advocate.
Want more protection? The Premier Checking account offers additional protections and account benefits. Learn more or open a Premier Checking account with us today!