Youth members will enjoy a fun path to financial literacy with the Kirby Kangaroo Club and Claim Your Youth Club materials, events, and activities.
Kirby Kangaroo Club
No time is better than now to get involved in the Kirby Kangaroo Club and start a lifetime of good saving habits. The Kirby Kangaroo Club is available to our young members age 12 and under and offers several fun events throughout the year such as our annual Kirby Week celebration in July and the annual Christmas stocking giveaway in December!
To open a Kirby Account, please contact an MSR via email or telephone 402-391-4040.
Our Claim Your Youth Club is for members 13 to 18 years of age.
We feel teaching teens financial literacy is as important as teaching them how to read or drive a car. The good news is we have many services to help you teach your teen about financial literacy.
The first thing you need to determine is which of the services we offer your teen is ready for.
- Savings Account – A great starting point for any teen.
- Prepaid Card – Great for teens not quite ready for a checking account.
- Checking Account – We offer free checking accounts with free electronic & mobile services so you can keep an eye on the accounts.
- Debit Card – We offer free debit cards with a checking account. If your teen is not quite responsible enough to handle a credit card, a debit card could be the answer. A debit card works the same as a check or cash and deducts money from your share draft/checking account immediately.
- First Car Loan – Consider a First Car Loan for the teen with you as a co-signer. We’ll give the teen the rate based on your credit score. However, the loan will work on building the teen’s credit score.
- Credit-Builder Loan – A Credit Builder Loan builds the teen’s credit score even if they don’t need the money. We offer a Credit Builder Share Secured loan at a competitive interest rate, using the current shares the teen has on deposit as collateral.
For more information on an Auto or Credit Builder Loan, please speak with a Loan Officer by calling 402-391-4040, option 1.