Visa® Purchase Alerts for Credit and Debit Cards
Keep tabs on your Police Federal Credit Union of Omaha Visa Cards with near real-time alerts sent via text and/or email when a purchase is made. This FREE service will help you reduce fraud and monitor your spending. Click the “Enroll Now” button, choose your notification triggers, and start receiving alerts via text message and/or email.
Visa Purchase Alerts covers:
- Credit Cards: Card purchases done in-person, online, or by phone; ATM transactions
- Debit Cards: Card purchases (excluding purchases requiring a PIN) done in-person, online, or by phone
You can choose to receive alerts via email, text message, or both for extra security and convenience. The following types of notifications are available:
- Purchases over a specified dollar amount
- Card-absent transactions such as online, over the phone, or through the mail
- Cash withdrawals at an ATM
- Transactions outside the United States (regardless of dollar amount)
- Declined transactions
When your card is used, you’ll receive an email or text alert that includes transaction specifics, such as:
- Purchase amount
- Merchant name and location (if available)
- The last four digits of the Visa card used
Tips for recognizing unfamiliar authorizations
It is possible that you may not recognize an alert for a transaction that you did make. Below are some situations to consider:
- Automatic bill payments set up for recurring billing, such as that for your cable or telephone bill, or a gym membership.
- Large purchase that is divided into smaller transactions
- Aggregated charges
- Transactions made by other authorized users
Disclosure: Data charges may apply for text alerts. Actual time to receive alert dependent on wireless service and coverage within the area. Alerts service may not be available in all areas. Gasoline alerts may not include the purchase amount. Account activity qualifying for Alert service may vary by issuer. Additional restrictions apply. Qualified transaction is any transaction routed through Visa.